| Episode 4:|
Karen Tendō and Slump Days
|Rōmaji||Tendō Karen to Suranpu Deizu|
|Ending Theme||"Fight on!"|
|Original Air Date||August 03, 2017|
|Chiaki Hoshinomori and StreetPass Communication||Aguri and Communication Error|
Karen Tendō and Slump Days (天道花憐とスランプ・デイズ, Tendō Karen to Suranpu Deizu) is the fourth episode of the Gamers! anime series, first broadcast on August 03, 2017.
Short Summary Edit
- Karen's increasing obsession over Keita starts to have a serious effect on her daily school life and her gaming ability. Upon running into Keita during the weekend, Karen invites him to the arcade and challenges him to a battle of coin games. Surprised to find that Keita care about winning sometimes, Karen finds comfort in Keita's belief that playing to win and having fun need not be separate things. Despite becoming motivated by Keita's words, Karen finds herself only becoming even worse at video games.
Detailed Summary Edit
By order of appearance:
- The game that Eiichi and Karen played is somewhat based on the elements of Tetris Battle.
- The game store front is somewhat inspired by Book Off, Japan's largest chain of bookstores for second-hand books and other stuffs.
- At the arcade, Keita played a slot machine game called "Wild Horse Race" by Onami. As a matter of fact, it is based on a casino game called "Fortune Cup", made by Konami.
- On the endcard, Karen is shown playing with a closely resembled PS4 controller.
To enjoy the victory and fret losses is the biggest thrill in gaming!